What are All These Front-end JS web technologies?
Being a front-end web developer is not easy these days due to the wide variety of front-end technologies out there to learn about. Here are just a few of them (in no particular order).
- Angular JS: provides a structured model-view pattern for your front-end web app
- Respond.js: Make CSS3 media queries work for IE6-8. A must if you need to support IE8 in responsive design.
- Handlebars.js: templating engine compatible with mustache.
- Backbone.js: Provides a backbone (structure) to your front-end web app using models, collections, and views. Its only dependency is underscore.js. Wordpress uses backbone.js and hence underscore.js
- Zepto.js: Like jQuery, but leaner and does not support any version of Internet Explorer. Useful for mobile phones (which do not use Internet Explorer). But you better fall-back to jQuery for desktop views that are running IE.
There are a lot more.