How to Transfer Domain name from GoDaddy to Webhost
The general process for transferring a domain name from GoDaddy to your webhost (assuming there is no domain name email attached) are …
- Login into GoDaddy and turn privacy protection off
- Unlock the domain name
- Have GoDaddy send “EPP authorization code” to administrative email on public registrar (make sure that email is correct)
- In your webhost, enter that EPP code for the domain you want to transfer in.
- Your webhost will send an “Admin Contact Verification code” to owner.
- Enter that code in the webhost
- Following instruction by webhost to make purchase (add domain privacy with payment if desired).
- Lock the domain name.
- Set it to auto-renew if desired.
- You may possibly have to wait a few days for the transfer to take place and allow GoDaddy to release the domain name (to give owner a chance to cancel the transfer). But GoDaddy has a “transfer out” link that might speed it up.